Employers implement workforce management solutions to handle payroll, streamline hiring and manage employee retirement strategies, among other tasks. At one time, most companies were capable of handling these simple functions efficiently and effectively. Today, however, matters like termination processing and benefits administration are more complex due to issues such as high employee volume and compliance requirements.
Workforce management solutions providers have responded to the challenges enterprises face. Vendors understand the pressure to increase efficiency and streamline processes to reduce errors in reporting. However, with numerous solutions on the market for companies of all sizes, it can be difficult to find the right tool. This buyer’s guide for workforce management systems should help you evaluate various platforms and select wisely.
Workforce Management Software Options
In sum, workforce management software encompasses an array of solutions to automate the full spectrum of HR processes. Still, there are many individual strategies behind implementation of the tools that fall under the workforce management software umbrella:
- Budget-conscious or smaller businesses can choose only those solutions they need, perhaps starting with a payroll management system, time tracking and scheduling. Most times, companies can take a modular approach and build upon their existing landscape in order to meet business future objectives. Examples would be adding on performance management tools and absence tracking.
- There are also fully integrated workforce management suites available to streamline the process from the top down. HR managers, especially those overseeing departments in small to mid-sized organizations, spend less time filing paperwork and more time managing efficient processes. Options include new hire training management, on-boarding, employee self-services and benefits administration.
- Another option for workforce management is the “best-of-breed” solution. Companies that must manage the wide ranging HR and resources planning needs for a large personnel pool opt for this type of technology.
Beyond specific workforce management systems, there are also options in terms of implementation. Many vendors offer web-based solutions that can be implemented quickly at lower overhead cost as compared to the on-site server approach. These solutions can be accessed remotely by managers and employees, without concerns for security.
Benefits of Workforce Management Solutions
Whether you want to update your entire HR landscape with an integrated system or take a modular approach, this technology has multiple benefits that boost workflow efficiencies throughout your company.
- Managers and employees are more productive during working hours, as they’re spending less time tracking time tracking, compliance reporting and handling paperwork requests.
- With just a few clicks, HR managers can stay on top of skills certifications, labor distribution and unemployment issues.
- Analytics assist with more complex forecasting and advanced scheduling, which can help with long term planning and meeting business objectives.
Making a decision on workforce management software isn’t an easy one, but the task is less overwhelming when you have a strategy for evaluation and selection. At Paypro, we offer solutions for companies of all sizes and budgets, including payroll, time keeping, human resources management and benefits administration. Our technology is intended to help HR departments streamline the workforce management process throughout the organization.