5 Technology Tools Everyone in Human Resources Should Be Using
HR technology is constantly changing, even more so with the introduction of AI and digitalization. The introduction of tech tools is making it easier for human resources departments to keep on top of everything, from scheduling to payroll, and benefits to attendance. Here are five HR technology tools everyone in human resources should be using.
Payroll software helps you simplify the entire payroll process. You can improve accuracy, follow everything with in-depth reporting, and resolve mistakes before submission.
Payroll software can handle the following:
- Auditing all payments to eliminate year-end tax issues
- Integration of your benefit, timekeeping, applicant-tracking, learning management, ERP, and accounting systems
- Reduction in tax penalties due to errors
- Avoid late or incorrect tax payments
- Paperless online payroll
- Online document storage
- Simplified click and approve system
- Electronic quarterly payroll tax returns
- Access for employees to manage payment preferences and view pay statements
- Mobile access
- Customizable security levels to protect sensitive data
- Live customer support
- Real-time monitoring for error-free payroll
- Reports to review labor costs
- Payroll reporting, including earnings, taxes, and deductions
- Automated event notification
- Authorized IRS e-filing
Benefits of payroll software:
- Efficiencies due to employee self-service
- Updated employee information in real-time
- Reduction in human errors associated with manual processing
- Quick tax e-filing
- Automatic backup of critical HR information
- Continuous auditing to catch errors before processing payroll
Employee time and attendance can have a major impact on your costs. Punch card or, worse, manual time tracking procedures are antiquated and inaccurate. It is also easier for people to misrepresent their hours and attendance when using manual or punch card systems.
Automated time and attendance HR technology requires more secure entries while offering valuable metrics about attendance. You can track your staff to understand your labor costs and needs. It will also reduce the labor-intensive manual tracking. This, in turn, will lower the risk for human errors.
HR time and attendance systems offer the following:
- Shift-related reporting, job costing, and benefits tracking
- Reduced costs by identifying waste and optimizing your labor budget
- Less time spent on payroll calculations
- Improved accuracy of your time and attendance reporting
- Employees can easily see their hours
- Automated requests for sick time and vacation time
- Resolves payment discrepancies
- Informed decisions for staffing and workforce changes based on real-time data
- Multiple choices to suit your needs including InProximity Barcode Readers, Keypad Entry, Magnetic Swiping, and Biometric Fingerprint and Hand Scanning
Benefits of time and attendance software:
- Saves time and money for entering data, hour calculations, and managing employee requests
- Eliminates inaccurate data collection
- Reduces hours dedicated to payroll
- Reduces the potential for payroll fraud
- Customizable solutions to suit your needs
Employee management software allows you to identify issues in your new employee onboarding procedure. You can optimize your hiring process while keeping up to date on the status of your current employees.
Your software will allow you to:
- Contextualize, analyze, and filter applicants to quickly find the best candidates for your positions
- Onboard new employees using a self-service setup to save time on data entry and mistakes
- Set objectives for data-backed performance reviews to improve your review process
- Use accurate metrics to reward employees and provide grooming and development plans to fast track careers
- Manage employee information online
- Integrate current application forms and processes into the system
Benefits of employee management software:
- Agile decision-making for leaders based on online information that’s accessible anywhere
- Streamlined employee review using dependable metrics
- Pinpoint employee management issues and streamline them quickly
- Customizable based on employee input to include the features most important to them
Your benefits are a major factor in attracting top talent to your organization. Each organization has its own needs as well as customized benefits to suit their budget. Some require Workers’ Compensation elements, while others might focus on lifestyle-enhancing benefits. There are also flexible spending accounts that are more tax efficient. Other non-traditional benefits are becoming more popular with things such as volunteering initiatives, mentorship programs, and tuition reimbursements. These are the things that provide more meaningful work experiences for the workers of today.
Online benefit administration solutions can address a number of issues, including:
- Healthcare compliance
- Properly scaled benefit programs to suit the number of employees in your organization
- Underused benefits
- Workers’ Compensation insurance policies
- Administration time management for your HR teams
- Side-by-side plan comparisons for employees
- Data security
Benefits of administration solutions:
- Customized to suit your employee population
- Allows easy access to information for employees to research and select the best benefits packages for their personal needs
- Unified platform that can integrate data from HR, payroll systems, and time tracking
- Improved time management for HR administration through automation
A total workforce management system tracks employee performance from initial application to retirement. It frees up your HR department by providing detailed analytics to pinpoint areas for improvement. You will know what stage each employee is at in their careers, including pending retirements. You will also have better talent recruitment with a modern, engaging application process.
Tasks that fall under the complete workforce management tool include:
- Talent acquisition using an applicant-tracking system
- Performance reviews with updated metrics to set and track goals
- Scheduling, attendance, leave, and compliance management
- Benefits administration
- Healthcare compliance
- Streamlined onboarding
Benefits of workforce management:
- Improves retention through simple customized benefits administration and offerings
- Increases successful recruitment with engaging, efficient application processes
- Reduces mitigations regarding health compliance, taxes and improper hiring, and employee management procedures
- A completely customized workforce management system to suit your needs
- Helps fill gaps in your current workforce management procedures
- Saves time and money through HR efficiencies
HR Technology Trend Myths Debunked
Many companies hold themselves back from using HR technology. Here are some of the common myths about technology in HR debunked:
- “The system won’t integrate with my current procedures.” In some cases, this might be true, but this is not an issue. The purpose of your new tools is to streamline and integrate a new and more effective process. Because the tools save time and money, a small effort upfront will cause very few issues for your team.
- “It will reduce the need for an HR team.” Absolutely not. If anything, it will enhance your team. Because the tools streamline processes through automation, your HR team can focus on the most important asset for your organization—the people.
- “My team won’t know how to work it.” A good software company will ensure your team is up to snuff on how to use the new technology quickly. They will then provide support every step of the way.
The right tools provide transparency for employees while empowering your HR team to succeed.
About The Author
Kayla is the Marketing Manager at Paypro Corporation overseeing all inbound and outbound marketing and sales efforts. She has 7+ years of experience working within the B2B and SaaS based solutions space and thrives on creating messaging and campaigns that introduce products and services to those who need them most.