What is Workforce Planning?
- Workforce planning involves hiring, scheduling, and turnover or retiring.
- Workforce planning aligns strategic planning with talent planning and acquisition.
- Provide leaders with the right data, metrics, and key performance indicators to help them identify risks and areas for improvement before they have a large-scale impact on the business.
- Improve planning practices so that your company can better attract and retain talent in key positions.
Why is it Important for Your Organization?
- In order to ensure production consistently meets demands, despite fluctuation, you need to remain proactive in workforce planning.
- You should have a system in place that allows you to source new employees, transfer others internally, and phase out those who are no longer needed.
- Create a competitive advantage through proactive talent management, rather than reactive.
- Workforce planning helps to create a clear vision of goals as they relate to talent acquisition, demand, and supply.
- Provide managers with valuable reports and tools that help them to better understand how their decisions regarding talent affects the business.
- Control unplanned talent costs that could saddle the organization.
- Better understand how your hiring, firing, and talent acquisition decisions affect your organization.
Discover the Potential of Workforce Planning Software
- A software-based solution enables your company to automate the tracking of labor.
- Web-based solutions ensure that your team is able to access vital information and data from anywhere, at any time.
- Better understand your internal talent demands using workforce planning software so that you can make smarter hiring decisions.
- Pulling workforce reports quickly and accurately means you can project different scenarios easily and head off problems before they happen.
- Conduct detailed internal supply analysis. Understand how external economic conditions affect your employee demographics, and alter employer actions to minimize negative outcomes as a result.
What Unique Benefits Does Software Bring to the Table?
- Workforce planning software not only saves HR time, but also assesses trends and brings to light scheduling inefficiencies.
- More accurate tracking of data. Paper-based or disparate systems are prone to error.
- A platform accessible to both HR and other employees allows for greater transparency in terms of time and attendance, labor and benefits tracking.
- A deeper understanding of your internal needs by running just a few simple reports.
- Better deliver information to new hires. Create processes for replacement planning and knowledge transfer for the most critical roles within your organization.
- Identify and mitigate talent gaps within your organization.
- Improve recruiting by pinpointing needs internally and making data-backed hiring decisions for your company.
Does Your Organization Really Need Workforce Planning Software?
- Do you find that your organization is having trouble analyzing your internal talent and identifying talent gaps? A software solution can make this process simpler.
- Do you have trouble retaining and attracting talent for the most critical roles within your organization?
- Have you had problems with over-hiring when talent gaps are identified? A software solution can help you attract and hire the right employees, while onboarding them swiftly to mitigate these issues.
Creating a Checklist
- The platform your company selects should:
- Integrate easily, end to end.
- Address critical inefficiencies by streamlining processes.
- Provide new insights that help to inform your decision-making.
- To that end, ask yourself, would a modern a workforce planning software improve our company’s procedures?
Select the Right Softwaret?
- The software solution you select should come with consultation and customization from knowledgeable HR professionals.
- It should help you execute planning responsibilities by providing you with accurate and complete data for your most critical HR and accounting functions.
- Your workforce planning solution should integrate easily with your employee management data in order for teams to get the most out of the system.