Employers were given some leniency last year when it came to Affordable Care Act (ACA) information reporting. However, things are changing in 2017!
The 1095-C form has undergone some changes over the past year and here’s what you need to know.
- New Deadlines
- The 1095-C due to employees is due on January 31, 2017.
- The 1095-C due to IRS if you are filing on paper is February 28, 2017.
- The 1095-C due to the IRS if you are filing electronically is due on March 31, 2017.
- No Extension Period
- Last year the IRS had provided a time of transition for employees and employers to get acquainted with the new form and its guidelines. This year, that period of transition has been removed and there will be no relief period for employers and employees to complete and hand in these forms.
- New Form Changes
- In addition to new deadlines and the removal of the transition period, the IRS has changed the actual 1095-C form. From what we have heard, there will be some minor changes to the forms, but final forms have not yet been released. Make sure to read everything and understand the minor changes.
If you have any questions, contact [email protected].[/fusion_text][/fullwidth]