The Department of Labor (DOL) recently published the new model FMLA notices and medical certification forms, with an expiration date of May 31, 2018.
The forms which have been updated include:
- WH-380-E Certification of Health Care Provider for Employee’s Serious Health Condition
- WH-380-F Certification of Health Care Provider for Family Member’s Serious Health Condition
- WH-381 Notice of Eligibility and Rights & Responsibilities
- WH-382 Designation Notice
- WH-384 Certification of Qualifying Exigency for Military Family Leave
- WH-385 Certification for Serious Injury or Illness of Current Service member – for Military Family Leave
- WH-385-V Certification for Serious Injury or Illness of a Veteran for Military Caregiver Leave
The only notable change on the forms is an update to include a reference to the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008 also known as GINA. Through this act employers are obligated to confidentiality requirements regarding information about an individual’s genetic tests and the genetic tests of the employee’s family members. GINA and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) both require that employers must any medical information confidential.
To keep compliant, employers should verify that they are using the most current and updated FMLA forms. To learn more on how Paypro can help your organization with compliance and HR policies, please contact us or request a consultation with one of our workforce management experts.