What is an Employee Database?
- An employee database contains critical information, such as each employee’s personal information, as well as company-related information such as their payscale, hire date, and more.
- That database can be used to help you better understand your employees and make data-based decisions that push your company forward.
- Modern employee databases should be customizable and include a full suite of workforce management capabilities including; HR, payroll, time and attendance and benefits. With all of this data stored in an easily accessible mobile app it’s easier than ever for employees and employers to track meaningful data.
Why a Database is Crucial for Your Organization
- Your company needs to keep employee information organized and secure to fuel your internal decision-making and processes.
- Employee database software maintains personnel information in a manner that is easily accessible to manager and employees with the correct permissions.
- Using the data you store, you can better understand your workforce, labor needs, and make data-based decisions that push your company into the future.
Tools for Employee Database Management
- Modern employee database software can be accessed across multiple devices, whether on a mobile device or tablet or at a computer in the office.
- Features that allow you to be alerted if employee data is incomplete or if tasks are due.
- Your HR management teams and employees will have all relevant information at their fingertips, whenever they need it with our self-service capabilities.
Exploring Employee Database Software
- A modern employee database solution provides customization, integration, and deep feature sets that your organization can leverage within your current processes.
- Features should include remote access and syncing across mobile and desktop devices.
- For features specific to your company, involve your HR team in the decision-making process.
- Paypro offers a customizable solution, so that your company isn’t forced fit into a “one size fits all” product. Every company has different needs, at Paypro we pride ourselves on thinking outside the box and providing customized solutions that fit your business requirements.
The Benefits of Using a Software Solution
- Saves on payroll: employee database software makes employee database management less time-intensive for the human resources team.
Better understand your employees and use that to drive your internal decision-making processes.
- Increase employee engagement by delivering messages and decisions that are consistent with their expectations.
- Less friction between personnel: depending on your company’s preferences, you can offer each employee transparency with regards to their data on file.
- Secure your employee information. HR databases have become prime targets for hackers. Sensitive information like social security numbers, bank account information, payroll information, and personal data must all be protected. We partner with Kronos which is one of the largest HCM providers in the industry and adheres to strict security requirements, audits and 24/7 monitoring.
- Mitigate compliance risks. Employee database systems use cloud-based technology that helps you to ensure that you generate the appropriate documents, safeguard personal data, and position your company to meet all of your compliance needs.
Tips for Creating an Employee Database
- Your employee database should be easy to manage. It should include simple systems that allow you to input, update, or append data that is already stored in the database.
- Ensure that your data is consistent and standardized across all records. This improves your management and HR teams ability to search through your database and find relevant data to bolser decisions.
- Make sure to consult your human resources team on which fields to include.
- Remember that not every company is the same and your internal data storage needs may be different than those of your competition.
Balancing Your Needs With the Right Employee Database Software
- Certain data fields should update automatically — such as years at company, and corresponding pay scales. Using an employee database solution that helps you keep these vital entries up-to-date takes that work out of the hands of your HR team.
- Find a program which your HR team signs off on as providing time savings, while keeping data accurate.
- Understand your company’s specific needs and work with a provider that can help you custom tailor your chosen solution to your needs.
- Make sure your new employee database system integrates with other critical systems that are already in place. Paypro has a dedicated team of expert developers that will take the time to customize integrations for a smooth transition.