Accurate, Effective Time and Attendance Systems
- Track employee time, attendance, and activity while gathering data for compliance and cost control.
- Punch card time clock systems are outdated, long replaced by employee cards, PIN entries, and even biometric scans.
- You need a management system that’s easy to setup and integrate, while still covering an unlimited number of employees and organizational complexities.
What are the Goals of Time and Attendance Monitoring?
- Tracking your company’s most important resource — its people.
- Better understand where your labor budget is being spent.
- Eliminate manual tracking — which is both time-intensive and prone to human error.
- Improve time and attendance accuracy for compliance purposes.
- Automate manual HR tasks to improve efficiency.
What are the Benefits of Time and Attendance Systems?
- Using software solutions helps with all shift-related reporting, job costing, and benefits tracking.
- Reduce costs through advanced data collection by identifying waste and optimize your labor budget.
- Employees and HR teams spend less time on payroll. They can focus on their jobs, rather than the additional task of accounting for their time.
- Improve the accuracy of your time and attendance reporting and data, mitigating FLSA compliance risk and improving cost control.
- Keep your employees informed. If your HR team is consistently swamped with information requests about sick time, vacation time, and payment discrepancies — giving your employees access to a system can help to reduce these tasks for your busy HR teams.
- Scale with peace of mind. With time and attendance systems, you are always prepared to grow your workforce and onboard new hires.
The Costs of Failing to Track Time and Attendance Accurately
- Lost time. Your HR team will spend valuable time entering data and handling requests.
- Inaccurate data collection. Relying on your teams to input their time and attendance information means constant human error. Inaccurate data makes it hard to make data-based decisions and make forecasts.
- Bloated payroll. Your HR teams work longer hours. Your employees spend more time accounting for themselves.
- Increased potential for fraud. Manual spreadsheets make it easier for employees to game the system by clocking in earlier or clocking out later than they should.
The Different Types of Time and Attendance Solutions
- Manual Punch-In
- Proximity Barcode Readers
- Keypad Entry
- Magnetic Swiping
- Biometric Fingerprint
- Hand Scanning
- There are many time and attendance systems to choose from. Over the last decade, the world of workforce management has fundamentally changed. Today, companies need a modern workforce solution that they can have confidence in.
Digital vs. Manual
- Manual keypad entry might work fine for very small companies, but modern companies of any size need a comprehensive solution to help them mitigate risk and accurately track labor.
- Swift and efficient biometric hand scanners free up employees to get to work straightaway in work environments where manually keypad entry may not be the best choice. Hand scanners eliminate the need for employees to stop, wash their hands, or use their access card to sign in or out.
Customizing the Perfect Time and Attendance System for Your Business
- You want to give your employees a say in their time and attendance solution. Your employees may prefer using an app, desktop-based software, or simply want to hold their hand under a scanner to clock-in and out or gain access.
- Finding the perfect, pre-built time and attendance system is nearly impossible. Every situation is different. There is no out-of-the-box solution that will integrate perfectly with your workplace. You need something custom.
- You need backend reporting that is specific to your business. Make sure you are tracking the data and metrics that matter most to your business with customized reporting and analytics.
- We can help. At Paypro, we’ll listen to your needs and design a customized solution that integrates seamlessly into your company’s processes.